Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Current Favorites

 



Hi everyone! I want to share with you a few products that I have been loving lately.  If you are frequent on YouTube and watch some of the Beauty Vloggers then you are aware that many of them do monthly favorites videos, where they show their subcribers their favorite products for that month.  Well, I don't accumulate many products a month, but I wanted to show you some staples that I have been using and LOVE! 





For my skin care I have been loving Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Oil, Trader Joe's Vitamin E Oil and Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towlettes.  I use the Burt's Bees wipes to wipe off my makeup at night.  Since, they are cleansing wipes, I love the fact that I'm cleansing my face (I can be a little lazy a night and I don't always wash my face.)  After I wash and tone my face I use the Trader Joe's Organic Cocunut Oil to moisturize my face as well as the Vitamin E Oil.  Just remember, a little goes a long way and it is oil, so you don't want your face to be greasy and clog your pores.  A beauty blogger I follow on Instagram posted a pic and she said she's been using coconut oil to moisturize her face and she loves it and I've been getting great results as well! 

I also found on good ol' Pinterest, that if you mixing Vitamin E Oil and Coconut Oil is a good natural under eye cream.  I prefer to use natural and organic products on my skin.  My skin reacts best to them and since I have sensitive skin, I can't use regular off the shelf skin care products.






For fragrance and body I have been loving Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter ( Can you tell that I'm obsessed with Trader Joes? LOL) and A Is For Aldo Women's fragrance.  The Coconut Body Butter is amazing!  It's thick in consistency, but absorbs into your skin smoothly and it's light in fragrance, so it pairs well with any fragrance.  I bought A Is For Aldo perfume over the summer when Aldo had their  full-size fragrances on sell for $25.  Out of the three womens fragrances I immediately loved this one.  The fragrances don't have names to match the scents, but they are color coded; there's a red, yellow and blue.  The blue one reminded me of Givenchy's Play (the purple bottle) and why not find a cheaper alternative!






As for hair, I am obsessed with As I Am products.  I have naturally curly hair and these products are great for cleansing, moisturizing and styling my curly hair.  The Coconut CoWash I use to cleanse my hair.  If you're not familiar with co-washing ( as many natural hair women refer it to as), it's washing your hair with conditioner only.  Not only does my hair feel and look clean, the Coconut CoWash leaves my hair soft and easy to detangle.  The two styling products are the DoubleButter Cream and Twist Defining Cream.  The DoubleButter Cream is a thick cream that leaves my hair soft and moisturized.  The Twist and Defining Cream is great for twist outs or braid outs and has great hold for defining your curls.






As far as makeup, I keep it simple.  I use MAC Mineralize Concealer, just to even out my skin for a flawless face.  I love this concealer because it's a medium coverage, blends well with my skin and does not make my face look cakey or have a lot of build up.  The mascara that I have been loving is It's So Big Volumizing Mascara by Elizabeth Mott.  I received it in my Ipsy bag last month.  If you don't know about Ipsy, it's a monthly subscription service that sends you beauty bags every month with products to try, it's just $10 a month!  I use this mascara on top of my Loreal Telescopic mascara and I get full, long, voluminous eyelashes.  I recently picked up two lipsticks from MAC; Rebel and the infamous RiRi Woo.  Both colors are gorgeous, Rebel is a satin finish and is a deep plum color that is perfect for fall.  RiRi Woo is a retro matte red color that is perfect for a classic red lip.  I have also been loving NYX lip liners.  I have quite a few colors to go with my lipsticks, but the one I have shown in the picture above is in the color Cabaret, it's a perfect match with MAC's Rebel lipstick. These lip liners are comparable to MAC lip liners, but are a fraction of the price.






My last favorite is Flannel candle from Bath and Body Works.  I'm obsessed with Bath and Body Works candles.  You can find them on sell for 2 for $22 quite often.  Flannel smells like a good smelling man (the best way I can describe it LOL).  The description on the bottom of the candle reads, "Wrap yourself in a warm blend of bergamot, mahogany and delicate veil of musk.  I tell you, when I light this candle I want to put on a man's oversize fannel shirt and cozy up by a fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate.  Yes, it's that good!


What are some of your favorite products?

What products do you suggest I try?


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment